I’ve seen so many people on social media talking about how they want to hit “restart” in 2020. They think the year was a waste…that it was the year the world stopped and that it will show up as a big blank page in all our narratives.
But I disagree. True, 2020 is the year the world “stopped,” but really, the stopping was a pause. Though so much of the year was fraught with difficulty and sadness, this great pause also gave us the chance to take stock of our lives—to find out which parts of our existence we needed and loved and which parts were just filler.
I don’t think we need a “restart” with the new year. We don’t need to just forget the year 2020 ever happened and move on to 2021. Instead, we need a “Refresh.” We need a chance to change perspectives and think with a renewed mindset in 2021.
It’s time to start thinking about ways we can refresh our minds, our bodies, our lifestyles, and our spaces so the year 2021 can be a year we will look back on fondly as the year we learned who we are and lived with integrity.
Here are some ways to “Refresh” your home, workspace, vehicle, and even your body and mind this new year with fragrance products from The Gift of Scent:
Refresh Your Home
Let’s start with the space where most of us spent our time this past year — home. You don’t have to wait for Spring Cleaning to Refresh your home! Don’t let the stagnant air of 2020 keep you feeling stuck. Refresh your home with products like these:
- Diffuse your favorite aromas in every room in your home with Plugables® Home Fragrancers. I love the refreshing fragrances of Cotton Clouds, Green Tea, and Pine Grove Fragrance Oils.
- Don’t forget those musty closets! Ditch your old scent cones for ScentSlides™ Unplugged Portable Air Fresheners for the fragrance that lasts up to 30-days and that you don’t need to plug in to enjoy. I love the refreshing aromas of Mountain Air, Evergreen, and Exotic Teak fragrance wafers in my closets.
Refresh Your Work Space
Whether you work from home or are back in the office, your workspace could use some refreshing essential oils to motivate you and give you energy every day. Try these fragrances in your workspace:
- Diffuse essential oils right from your computer with the FlashScent® USB Aromatherapy Diffuser with Organic Peppermint Essential Oil. Peppermint is energizing and refreshing and can help you get over the afternoon slump.
Refresh Your Vehicle
When you have to get from home to work in a musty vehicle, any positive feelings you left home with are most likely gone by the time you hit the first stoplight. Refresh your vehicle with these fragrance products:
- Throw a Cottony Fresh™ Power Fresh® Portable Air Freshener or a Citrus Sky™ Truck Puck® Automobile Air Freshener in your vehicle for a quick and easy refresh of the space.
Refresh Your Body & Mind
And finally, the most important refresh we need this new year is a refresh of our body and mind. Take a renewing bath to help you feel refreshed and ready to step confidently into the new year:
- The I Am Energized Salt Soak from The Gift of Scent is the perfect way to refresh your body and mind. The hand-blended combination of uplifting, organic essential oils and herbs with Epsom and mineral-rich Himalayan pink salts will help boost your mood and energy, leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to take on whatever the new year has to offer.
Remember: We don’t need a redo of 2020. We just need to Refresh our mindsets and step into the New Year with a renewed sense of who we are and who we want to become.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Kate Healy for TheGiftofScent.com